Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed 2018 glitter-ban
Hello everyone, this discussion is for the nitty gritty of glittery nonsense and arty fun.

As we all are becoming aware, the use of glittery body make-up and glittery scenic art or kids-area activities is causing a big stir in our world.

Banning the plastic and mica versions is being discussed as the only permanent solution for the future of sustainable OUTDOOR events.

It's complex even at first glance.

In order to get the facts clear and present them quickly as possible to all involved before artists and traders go ahead and order shed-loads of field-and-wild-water-supply-pollutants again, for 2018,
someone needs to work for a few days/weeks on collating the information and getting it out to all felves and wider festival crew/traders in a concise form.

I have volunteered to do it for felves and am asking for help from the whole felves community with it. I think if we work together on this now we can make a massive difference this year within our own industry and potentially act as a big catalyst to get non-bio body glitter on a par with microbeads in the wider world of the uk before brexit.

Please can we try to keep our detailed discussion here, off the facebook wall, which will allow us to use facebook felves groups to keep it simple & just concentrate on getting a list of interested key individuals over there:
events with a ban already and those intending to ban for 2018.

We dont want to clog the walls up over there with a massive, albeit interesting, debate.

This is a much better forum with shed loads of space for the nitty gritty detail.

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk
Feltie Admin Shy
(20-11-2017, 10:05 PM)Jo Blick Wrote: Hello everyone, this discussion is for the nitty gritty of glittery nonsense and arty fun.

As we all are becoming aware, the use of glittery body make-up and glittery scenic art or kids-area activities is causing a big stir in our world.

Banning the plastic and mica versions is being discussed as the only permanent solution for the future of sustainable OUTDOOR events.

It's complex even at first glance.

In order to get the facts clear and present them quickly as possible to all involved before artists and traders go ahead and order shed-loads of field-and-wild-water-supply-pollutants again, for 2018,
someone needs to work for a few days/weeks on collating the information and getting it out to all felves and wider festival crew/traders in a concise form.

I have volunteered to do it for felves and am asking for help from the whole felves community with it. I think if we work together on this now we can make a massive difference this year within our own industry and potentially act as a big catalyst to get non-bio body glitter on a par with microbeads in the wider world of the uk before brexit.

Please can we try to keep our detailed discussion here, off the facebook wall, which will allow us to use facebook felves groups to keep it simple & just concentrate on getting a list of interested key individuals over there:
events with a ban already and those intending to ban for 2018.

We dont want to clog the walls up over there with a massive, albeit interesting, debate.

This is a much better forum with shed loads of space for the nitty gritty detail.

It seems no-one is keen to move away from facebook. I hope people wont get too upset with the subject on the facebook group wall.

Every time someone comments it will shoot back to the top. Obscuring newer threads about work and technical questions.

But the debate is an important one. So for the time being I shall ignore this forum and just try and concentrate on the issue and how to get more events on board

Feltie Admin Shy